|Print this CV|
35, Rue de la Mairie
PO Box 6569
1211 Geneva 6
Phone: +41 22 319 87 00
Fax: +41 22 319 87 60
|Areas of practice|
Bernd Ehle joined LALIVE in 2003. He specialises in international arbitration and has acted as counsel and arbitrator in numerous administered and ad hoc international arbitral proceedings governed by various procedural and substantive laws including Swiss, English, French, German, New York, Turkish and Ukrainian law. He is experienced in disputes involving the main aspects of commercial transactions, in particular disputes relating to joint ventures, M&A, distribution and agency, and projects in the construction, telecommunications and energy sectors. He also represents parties in Swiss court proceedings related to arbitration.
Bernd Ehle features in The International Who's Who of Commercial Arbitration. He acts as co-chair of the Geneva Group of ASA (Swiss Arbitration Association) and is a committee member of the European Branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb). Bernd Ehle is also a member of several other international arbitration associations, including DIS (German Institution of Arbitration), the Austrian Arbitration Association, LCIA, and ICDR, and a board member of the German-Swiss Lawyers' Association (DSJV).
Bernd Ehle is a frequent lecturer on Swiss construction law to corporate counsel in the construction industry in Germany and in Austria.
Prior to joining LALIVE, Bernd Ehle practiced in corporate and commercial law, litigation, and EU law in Germany with Graf von Westphalen, in Freiburg (2000-2003), and Ehle & Schiller, in Cologne (1998-1999). He studied law at the Universities of Freiburg and Heidelberg in Germany, and at the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International Studies (IUHEI) in Switzerland from 1991 to 1996. He passed his First State examination in Heidelberg in 1996 and his Second State examination in Freiburg in 1998. Bernd Ehle holds an LL.M. from Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, USA (2000), and a Ph.D. from the University of Heidelberg, Germany (2001).